(a) Garages are permitted on residential lots within the Historic District in accordance with the Aspen Square Management Garage Master Plan (DEC Record of Decision dated December 18, 2001).
(b) One (1) shed per lot within the Devens Historic District (974 CMR 7.09) may be permitted by the DEC without MHC approval, provided it meets all of the following requirements:
1. no larger than 120 sq.ft.;
2. not placed on permanent foundations;
3. located between the rear property line and a line established by the rear of the principal building on the lot;
4. not visible from any public street;
5. located at least five (5) feet from both rear and side lot lines.
- Residential Districts (contributing historic and non-historic district residential lots): All accessory buildings shall be located between the rear property line and a line established by the rear of the principal building on the lot and shall be located at least five (5) feet from both rear and side lot lines. Accessory buildings shall not cover more than 20 percent of the area of the rear yard.
- Fencing: In all Residential Districts, fences shall not exceed six (6) feet in height and shall be erected so that the finished side of the fence faces the abutting property. Fence locations shall not create visual obstructions that would restrict the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles on adjacent streets.