All facilities erected, constructed or within Devens and associated wiring shall comply with the following:|
- Be certified by a qualified and licensed professional engineer as to:
- Tower design
- Compliance with Federal Communications Commission, Federal Aviation Administration, Massachusetts Aeronautics Commission, Massachusetts Department of Public Health and American National Standards Institute Standards.
- Conformance with accepted electrical engineering methods and practices and the National Electrical Code.
- Non-interference with present users and facilities.
- All signal and remote control conductors of low energy extending substantially horizontally above the ground between a tower or antenna and a structure, or between towers, shall be at least eight (8) feet above the ground at all points, unless buried underground.
- Metal towers shall be constructed of, or treated with, corrosive resistant material. Wood structures shall be impregnated with rot resistant substances. All facilities and structures associated with them shall comply with the Massachusetts State Building Code, most recent edition.
- Towers and antennas shall be designed, using the best available technology, to blend into the surrounding environment through the use of color and camouflaging architectural treatment, except in instances where the color is dictated by federal or state authorities such as the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Facilities mounted on buildings or water tanks shall be painted or constructed of materials to match the color of the building material directly behind them.
- No facility may have affixed or attached to it in any way, except during time of repair or installation, any lights, reflectors, flashers, or other illuminating device, except as required by the Federal Aviation Agency or the Federal Communications Commission. Lighting of equipment structures and any other facilities on site shall be shielded from abutting properties. There shall be total cutoff of all light at the property lines of the property to be developed, and foot-candle measurements at the property line shall be 0.0 initial foot-candles when measured at grade.
- Compliance with the industrial performance standards (974 CMR 4.00) with the exception of 974 CMR 4.03.