This page contains public health and safety announcements, quarterly project updates, as well as information about current and upcoming events and entertainment opportunities.
- Devens to Host LID Workshop and Tour April 26, 2017 from 8:00AM-10:30AM
MassAudobon's Shaping the Future Program has organized a Low Impact Development (LID) Workshop and Tour at Devens entitled: "Greening Your Community: Cost-effective LID Solutions". This FREE event includes an interactive workshop where attendees will learn about how Devens has included LID as one of the tools to further its sustainable redevelopment efforts. The event will also include a tour of a recently completed stream restoration project. For more information and to register, go to: https://tinyurl.com/LIDDevens.
- Drought Warning Issued for the Devens Region of Massachusetts
As widespread drought conditions continues through October, indoor and outdoor water usage in Devens remains restricted between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Full details on the restrictions in Devens are below. In addition, because the extremely dry conditions have increased the threat of brush and wildland fires, the public is urged to exercise extreme caution when using matches, charcoal grills, and other open flames during outdoor activities. Click here for complete details on the State Drought Warning.
- The Economic Impact of Devens Report
The Montachusett Regional Planning Commission (MRPC) received a grant on behalf of the region facilitated by the City of Leominster and funded through the Massachusetts Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development and its Office of Performance Management and Oversight to analyze and report on information related to the Economic Impact of Devens on the Montachusett Region. In June, the MMRPC released its report. You can download the report here.
- Devens Mosquito Management 2017
Mosquito Control Update: Devens continues to participate in the Central Mass. Mosquito Control Project. For more details on the program and for tips on how to protect you and your family from Mosquito bites, go to: http://cmmcp.org/
This is a reminder notice to residents for 2017, that Devens will continue to participate in the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP). Devens Residents wishing to have their properties excluded from pesticide applications for 2017 should notify the Devens Enterprise Commission (your local Board of Health) in writing prior to May 1, 2017. Residents should also contact the CMMCP office directly at (508) 393-3055 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Army Noise Reports
The Army periodically undertakes military training exercises on the South Post that involve ammunitions and explosives. In an effort to inform local residents and businesses, the Army provides monthly updates on the anticipated activity. Download the most recent noise report here. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Department of Defense Police at
- Devens Public Transportation
Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MART) provides regular shuttle service from Devens to transit and medical facilities in Boston and Fitchburg during weekdays. The MBTA has also recently increased service along the Fitchburg Line Commuter Rail through the Devens region. Follow this link, Devens Transportation Update for additional details.
- New "Walk Devens" Map Released
– MassDevelopment recently partnered with walkBoston to develop a new walking, running and cycling map for Devens residents, businesses and visitors, to help raise awareness of the existing routes that Devens has to offer and to help promote more healthy and active lifestyles. The map also contains information on a number of cultural and historic points of interest that can be found along the way. Check out this new map, as well as the "Hike Devens" off-road walking trail map, on the Devens Maps page.
– Devens Recreation Schedule
- Development Project Updates
– Quarterly Projects Update 2016
– UMASS Donahue Institute: Devens Profile and Economic Contributions – September 2016
– UMASS Donahue Institute: Devens Profile and Economic Contributions – July 2014
- Devens Designated/Preferred Truck Route
Click here to download a map of the designated truck route for Devens. All Trucks travelling to/from Devens are encouraged to utilize the highlighted routes to enter and exit Devens via Jackson Gate (Route 2).
- Devens Wastewater Treatment Plant Designated/Preferred Truck Route
Click here to download the map — all septage haulers accessing the Devens Wastewater Treatment plant are required to utilize the highlighted route when going to and from the Plant.
- Devens Area Resources
– Devens Disc Golf
– Devens Eco-Efficiency Center
– Devens Household Hazardous Waste
– Fort Devens Military Base
– Fort Devens Museum
– Freedoms Way National Heritage Area
– Friends of the Oxbow
– MassDevelopment/Devens Community website
– Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce
– Nashua River Watershed Association
– United Native American Cultural Center