- As part of the Regulations, the Commission may develop detailed requirements regulating the erection and maintenance of signs at Devens, which shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
Sensitivity shall be shown to the natural and man-made characteristics of the particular district, reflecting the differing requirements in regard to materials, height, illumination, placement on the lot or building, and overall area of signs on the lot.
- sign surface area;
- set-backs for signs;
- duration of temporary signs;
- number of freestanding signs;
- location of signs;
- height of signs;
- sign illumination;
- particular types of signs that are prohibited; and
- minimum design, construction, and maintenance standards for signs to ensure quality and safety.
- The sign regulations may differentiate between the types of signs permitted within different zoning districts.